June 10 - July 15, 2020
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM CEST (GMT+2)
Virtual Oracle Developer Meetups
Want to learn more about developing Enterprise-grade Cloud Native applications on the Oracle Cloud Platform, covering topics like Microservices Architecture, Serverless Functions, Kubernetes, developing in Node, Python and PHP, using Low Code development tools to build Mobile apps, chatbots, integration and much more?
Join the Oracle Developer Meetup groups if you want to follow Oracle’s solutions in this area, or participate in the live virtual events and hands-on labs we organize!
Wednesday, June 10th, 2020
Introducing Oracle Cloud Platform and overview of the Red Expert Alliance hands-on scenarios on Katacoda and the required preparation
Rolando Carrasco & Lucas Jellema
- Get going with OCI Tools (Console, OCI CLI, Cloud Shell, REST API) and the Object Storage service;
- Define and respond to OCI Resource Events;
- Create and Run OCI Compute instances.
- Using Try Out Yourself Handson Scenarios on Katacoda virtual lab environments
Monday, June 15th, 2020
Hacking the Oracle Cloud (with Oracle JET) for Education
Lessons and insights into putting together a Hackathon for an education community
Wednesday, June 17th, 2020
Cloud native app development on OCI with serverless function and API Gateway
Rolando Carrasco & Lucas Jellema
- How to run Fn locally
- How to create and run Functions on OCI
- How to expose functions through OCI API Gateway
on ready to run Katacoda virtual lab environments
Wednesday, June 24th, 2020
More advanced cloud native development on OCI, with Functions, API Gateway, Streaming [Events] and NoSQL Database
- Combined scenarios on Functions, Object Storage & API Gateway
- Produce and Consumer Events using OCI Streaming Using NoSQL Database
Note: guided hands-on on prebuilt lab environments
Wednesday, July 1st, 2020
Managed Kubernetes aka OKE: firing up a full blown Kubernetes Cluster and deploying, managing & running cloud native applications on K8S
- Step by step hands-on scenarios on Katacoda browser based runtime environments
- Creating your first K8S cluster on OCI with OKE.
- Using a K8S cluster for running cloud native applications
Monday, July 6th, 2020
Oracle SOA Suite & Service Bus for Cloud Developers
Martien van den Akker
Wednesday, July 8th, 2020
Cloud native Ops on OCI – monitoring and alerting, automation and infrastructure as code
- Try Out Yourself on OCI using Katacoda scenarios:
- How to Monitor of metrics, define Alarms and produce Notifications;
- Introduction to OCI Terraform Provider for infrastructure as code
Wednesday, July 15th, 2020
Introduction and hands-on with Oracle Cloud Digital Assistant
- Easy to follow DIY scenarios, covering
- Creating your Conversational UI
- More advanced skills (for you and the Digital Assistant)
Who should attend?
Software developers, platform engineers, administrators (of database, applications, systems); architects; IT managers with some technical savviness and affinity who are using or plan to use the Oracle Cloud platform.
Free Cloud trials
To attend the hands-on labs please get a Free trial account. Request your account at http://cloud.oracle.com/tryit.
Oracle Developer Meetups
You want to network with the Oracle Community? Join our local Oracle Developer Meetup across the world? Visit our Meetup overview page here.
You want to network with the Oracle Community? Join our local Oracle Developer Meetups across the world and let us know in case you want to run an event in one of these locations or you want to start your local meetup.
We are looking forward to support you!
|Utrecht, Netherlands||Lucas Jellema|
|Brussels, Belgium||Filip Huysmans|
|Cairo, Egypt||Amro Alfares|
|Cologne, Germany||Carsten Wiesbaum|
|Istanbul, Turkey||Fevzi Korkutata|
|Lille, France||Sanae Bekkar|
|Lisbon, Portugal|| Jose Rodrigues|
|London, UK||Phil Wilkins|
|Madrid, Spain||Ruben Rodriguez|
|Oslo, Norway||Jon Petter|
Bruno Saraiva & Jose Rodrigues