You have been invited to an exclusive event for Oracle Applications. Oracle is giving select, vetted partners a look at what’s coming in the Oracle user experience during an OpenWorld 2013 expo event hosted jointly by the Oracle Partner Network (OPN) and the Oracle Applications User Experience (OAUX) team.
This is an invitation-only event. Your company must have a signed CPCA/PPCA in place in order for you to attend. No photography is allowed except by our staff photographer.
You are welcome to tell colleagues that you came to this event, and describe the general content of what you saw. You are restricted from sharing the specific nature of the content until such content is made generally available by Oracle, or otherwise communicated out by Oracle, e.g., via Oracle Partner Network.
What will you see?
Oracle will show new user experiences that demonstrate principles of simplicity, mobility, and extensibility. These experiences for the modern user come from different product areas, ranging from ERP to CRM to HCM. Some of these user experiences will be released in the near future, and you will be among the first to see them. Some of these user experiences are concepts, and if you like what you see, you can influence the direction of the Oracle user experience with your support.
It’s important to understand that every user experience you see has the ability to touch each product family. For example, you may see a demonstration showcasing CRM data, but the same concept can be applied to ERP with the right use case. If you see a new use case for our concepts in your product space, please talk to one of the Oracle user experience team members at the event. We are not just showing you what we have; we welcome your feedback.
You will notice that the majority of demos tackle Oracle Fusion Applications first. Our general strategy is to leverage the Fusion Applications technology stack to explore possible innovations. Once we have solidified a concept and coded it into Fusion, we then share the concept for evaluation with the Oracle Applications product families.
At the demo stations
You will see demonstrations of user experiences that have just been launched or will be available very soon, such as Release 7 and Release 8; and you will see concepts that showcase the technology we are exploring for future user experiences. These demos will include:
- Simplified User Interface for CRM Sales Cloud (R7/R8) – This simplified user interface, for the things that sales reps need to do the most, runs in any modern browser. The design is optimized for 10-inch screens and larger, with a touch-friendly UI.
- Simplified User Interface for HCM Cloud (R7/R8) – This simplified user interface is for the things employees and managers need to do the most. It also runs in any modern browser, and the design is optimized for 10-inch screens and larger, with a touch-friendly UI.
- Simplified User Interface Tailoring – Learn how easy it is to re-brand, re-color, and modify what you see with common Oracle Fusion Applications tools.
- Oracle Voice – This iPhone app lets sales reps talk to the Oracle Sales Cloud. Oracle Voice is a fun-to-use, Siri-like virtual assistant.
- Oracle Capture – See how you can quickly capture key information when you are on the go, with minimal text-entry.
- Oracle Mobilytics – This iPad app makes massive amounts of sales data incredibly easy to understand and act upon.
- Daily Briefing – This elegant, magazine-like experience provides everything a decision-maker or employee needs to know about their enterprise in one screen. The information is tied to transactional data, aligned with Endeca's social media feed, and wedded to enterprise analytics.
- UX Direct – Learn how to simplify and optimize your enterprise implementations. Get guidance and support from UX Direct on how to implement your enterprise solutions, with users in mind.
- Board & HCM eBooks – Explore what’s possible with HCM onboarding and with investment results via a tablet eBook.
- PeopleTools – Simplified UI has been evaluated and repurposed for the new PeopleTools Campus Solution product. Take a look at what the simplified UI looks like on another technology stack.
- Design Patterns – Learn how Oracle supports implementation partners who want great user experiences for their custom applications, or who just need to extend an existing application with UX design patterns for desktop and mobile.
Infographics – Help your data tell a story with compelling information visualizations using technology that’s available today.
- The AppsLab – We can’t tell you what the AppsLab team, run by Jake Kuramoto, will be showing yet … but it will be very cool.
Who is invited?
This is a networking opportunity for key partners, Oracle influencers, and the team that designs the Oracle user experience. Refreshments and appetizers will be served.
As a reminder: This is an invitation-only event. Your company must have a signed CPCA/PPCA in place in order for you to attend. No photography is allowed except by our staff photographer.
Open house agenda (1:30-4:30 p.m.)
There’s a lot to see at Oracle OpenWorld, so we’ve made this expo event an open house. Come between sessions or breaks in your agenda, and be ready to see something you won’t see anywhere else during the week of OpenWorld! This is a chance to see and touch the future user experiences from Oracle, and to talk to the people who are building them.